Favourite online sewing content



I love looking at sewing stuff online, can't help myself actually. Sewing is such a solitary activity (I like it that way) but the online sewing community is something that I enjoy dipping in and out of. Mainly dipping in!  My spare time is looking at patterns, how people have made them, hacks and video tutorials. I love vlogs, reading reviews and being nosey.  I don't buy fabric online though. Nothing beats doing that in the real world and I am lucky because I have a great fabric store not so very far away!

Firstly I would like to mention the FOLD LINE. What a website/community! If you are stuck for inspiration then this is the place to visit. I can't tell you how many times I have ummed and ahhed about a pattern and how it might look in the real world, have been reluctant to commit the time and fabric in making it until I have found it on The Fold Line review page.  It has also introduced me to patterns that I hadn't heard of before (The Sewing Revival from NZ stands out) and that can only be a good thing. I love it. Sign up, get the newsletter and have fun.




The Dahlia Sew-Ciety is fantastic.  I watch the videos on YouTube and I just love the styles and themes of the videos.  Based in Australia, Kristen shares her great finds, fantastic makes and her gorgeous back garden.  I have been inspired to order a pattern because of her - all the way from Oz. Just sit back and watch.  She has such an eye for colours and fabrics.

Comments

Popular Posts