Storing patterns

How many patterns do you have and how do you store them?  

I never used to give it much thought until one day I realised that I had too many patterns in my little room. I mean, I really didn't have room for them and they were sitting in towering and wobbly piles on the floor or squished into boxes and folders, too difficult to locate because I didn't have a system of any kind.

It was then I noticed that I had DUPICATE patterns! I think at that moment I knew I needed to sort things out.

Freebie patterns eg. Prima pull outs, promptly went into a concertina folder.

Old self drafted pattern pieces went into another.

Patterns from the BIG 4 were organised by brand and then by product number.  Other Indie patterns were in a box of their own but ordered by brand.  These went into some sisal boxes that I had bought from Wilkinsons a while back.

I actually enjoyed doing all of this as it allowed me to revisit some old favourites that I had forgotten about and also let me imagine making some new items too.  Duplicates and patterns I know that I will never use are now in a bag, hopefully heading to the local charity shop when it reopens.  

It's good to have a sort out - almost therapeutic! 

Pattern heaven or maybe just a little bit sad, who knows?😁

Comments

Popular Posts