Dress with an eighties vibe

Yes, I apologise for the terrible photo but I didn't think I would actually use it in any capacity other than to remind me about the dress.

So I had some drapey blue and gold fabric just sitting looking at me and I planned to make a short skirt that I could wear for work.  My plans changed when I bought a dress from H&M that was sleeveless, had a simple round neck, elasticated waist and slightly A line skirt. I loved it because it was comfy and hid any lumps and bumps.  So I lay it down on the floor and started measuring and guessed I just had enough fabric for the dress and a lovely belt.

Needless to say it isn't a complex dress to make, simple binding on the neck and sleeves (very short), tie waist instead of elastic, which allows me to wear it 'loose' and fitted. Despite its simplicity I do love it and had a compliment the first day I wore it out! Teamed with a navy thin cardigan from Next and chunky tights.


Bad, bad photo. I will get better at this.



Comments

Popular Posts