Jumpsuit review (Butterick 6312)



I have never really been a fan of jumpsuits. I always worry about wearing one in public and needing the loo. Such a palavar getting it off and on again.  But when I made my jumpsuit I fell in love with it pretty much as soon as I put it n.  

I chose to make a Butterick See and Sew pattern B6312 that I got free with a sewing magazine.  It has a very simple design and a V neck which I love. V necks can be very flattering and this one feels just the right size.  

Upon looking at the pattern drawing on the back I was slightly worried about the voluminous nature of the pattern.  It looked very shapeless indeed.  I needn't have worried. The fit is fine, although I did take it in a small amount, maybe 2-3 cm. I left out pockets in the side seam to reduce bulk.  I think that maybe I would try pockets when I make it again, but I will definitely lengthen the trouser legs a touch. I have chunky calves and I don't mind hiding them!  I made a matching tie, but have also worn it with a thin leather belt. It looks fine either way.




I don't have many Butterick patterns, you don't seem to see them in sewing shops quite as much as you used to.  It's a nice little pattern and if you are a beginner sewer and wanted a jumpsuit I would certainly recommend.  Gotta go now, have allowed 10 mins for a visit to the loo! I'm on a tight schedule and every minute counts.

Comments

Popular Posts